Lifestyle diseases such as diabetees and hypertension are rising with an associated increase in vitreo-retinal problems leading to blindness. In Nepal, problems like age related macular degeneration, retinal detachment, dystrophy and retinal drug toxicity are also common.
The Vitreo-Retinal Setup at TIO has the necessary infrastructure, well-trained personnel and the capacity to handle a large number of patients suffering from retinal problems.
The following diagnostic procedures are available at TIO’s Vitreo-Retinal Clinic;
- Fundus Photography
- Diagnostic Ophthalmic Ultrasonography
- Fundus Fluorescein Angiography (FFA)
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
- Electrophysiological tests
The clinic also provides;
- Laser Therapy
- Intravitreal injections of steroids and anti-vascular endothelial growth factor
- State of the Art modern vitreo-retinal surgery for various VR conditions.